Thursday, June 28, 2012

Long Distance Love Affair

Ok, you may be thinking STOP! Court, no one wants to hear about your EPIC fail of a on again and off again long distance relationship for the past 2 years, (thank my lucky stars that ended) BUT don't get your panties in a bunch just yet... I am taking this in a very different direction.  I am going the DISTANCE... ok joking but hear me out.

I think it has been since I graduated college that I have realized how many long distant relationships I am in... Not the love kind silly but friends that have moved out of the Grand Canyon State to bigger and better opportunities. Well let's say more then friends, my family.  I have been blessed with AMAZING people that have come into my life and am sure as heck going to keep them around.  These friends are all over the country now, which can be difficult at times, but incredible to see how we are STILL involved in each others life's.

Here we go I am naming a few place as to "where in the world" my FRIENDS are..





-South Bend, Indiana

-Chicago, Illinois

-Salt Lake City, Utah


-Santa Maria, California

-San Diego, California
      
-Charlotte, North Carolina






 Most of these people have been in my life for years now, some I lived with, had classes with, or went to high school together.  They have all deeply impacted my life in one way or another.  I have had so many different experiences with all my friends; being a freshman at ASU figuring out our way around the city of Tempe, trying to study for countless hours but getting distracted by our spontaneity,  road tripping to Mexico/Cali/Vegas, crying over boys, laughing so hard we cry, dancing in clubs, ditching classes to lay out, sleepovers, countless hours on the phone, texting, going to sushi, eating fast food way too late, walking to the gas station, football/basketball games, celebrating birthdays, pillow talks, shopping adventures, singing at the top of our lung in our cars, lake trips, giving advice and taking advice when we don't want to.. AND the list could go on and on....

Valuable lessons they have taught me...

- Friends will love you most when you need it especially at your rock bottom
- Sticking up for yourself gets easier with age
- Making mistakes doesn't always mean they are bad
- If you hang out with me long enough you will start drinking DIET PEPSI
- Being a supportive friend is an understatement
- Chocolate is always the best problem solver


There are so many things I have learned from those around me and so thankful for their examples that real, genuine people still actually exist.  I can't explain how happy I am to hear from each of them whether it is an hour convo on the phone, a simple text, or finally seeing them after a long period apart.  I feel like I need to thank technology cause without it I am not sure if we could keep up as easily with people's crazy life's.  Facebook, Twitter, blogs, instagram and emails, help me keep track of my peeps and stalk each of their lives.  I love it when people call me and automatically bring up something I posted, awww they do care about me and keep tabs on me... I TRULY LOVE THAT.  Stalk away! haha!

I am a person that takes my friendships pretty serious, being a loyal friend is a priority to me and always has been.  I would do anything for my friends no matter what.  I am not the most open person out there so for people to really get to know me and become a close friend takes sometime with me. I am the first to admit that :)  

It is interesting how friendships can change because of time and circumstances but at the same time it feels all too familiar... I have been so lucky to reconnect recently with one of my favorites from junior high. (Yes, Emily I hope you don't mind this post)  Emily and I were like two peas in a pod in junior high, we were the two extremely tall brunette girls in a sea full of short blondes.  We used to hang out all the time, and do everything together.  But when I moved, things changed.  We didn't get to see each other that much and our lives went in different directions.  She lived in Utah, married, and now has a kid, where I live in AZ, single, thankfully no kids haha.  We would always get together when I visited Utah with all the girls but hard to talk to all of them especially when we only had a few hours.  Luckily Emily's hubby has an internship in AZ and she is here for a few weeks this summer.  We have been able to see each other and grab dinner and catch up. I have been able to see her in a different light, she is a mom and a really good one at that.   
I have loved seeing her and it takes me back to when we were really close and how much I have missed her.  So I hope she knows NOW that this friendship isn't going anywhere haha.  


What blessing friends are in each of our lives :) 
XO 





















No comments:

Post a Comment