Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hold up... It's only February?!

23...yep that happened! I am now that old, or young, whatever.  I seriously can't believe how fast time flies.  I don't think or thought this is how I thought life would be at this age, but I am truly loving where I am at right now. I was spoiled on my birthday! My co workers were so kind and brought me a cake and diet pepsi!
 
I love them. The weekend before I got to spend with one of my favorite people... Amber, put us together and we can talk 4EVER. We went shopping at Last Chance for about 4 hours (yes, that long but so worth it) then we went to Zuppas for dinner.  They FINALLY have one in AZ!  Also one of my best friends Ashley took me out for dinner and ice cream.  I love catching up with her and thank you to her hubby for letting us go out for the night.  
 





I  also got an great surprise, my grandma came down from Utah to visit me.  She spent the week with us.  She is seriously the most AMAZING women I know.  She is a person that no matter what has happened in her life, she is always so positive.  I truly look up to her and hope to be like her one day. 

This year has been treating me well so far.  I went to a few Hockey games, and ASU basketball game.
 
 AND I have been working out with a trainer, well my good friend Devin is training me which leaves me so sore but I am starting to really love that feeling.  The only thing I don't like is the diet thing (I have the worst sweet tooth) it is hard and time consuming to eat healthy and plan all your meals, but I am learning the better I am at that the better I feel. 
This last weekend I went to the Birds Nest at the Phoenix Open with my friend Siera.  OH MY GOODNESS it was so fun, but for those of you that have never been before most people go and drink all day, so by the time we got there I think we were the only sober ones.  It was pretty entertaining to watch I have to admit.


One more confession... Politics!

 Let me break it down... This is an exciting year we vote for a President. Don't get me wrong social media is a great tool, and freedom or speech is an amazing thing we are blessed with in our country, BUT please do NOT abuse this privilege!  I don't want to see every post, or tweet about how much you hate Republicans, Democrats, laws, props, or bills. The question is do you VOTE?  Did you help elect your local officials?  What are YOU really doing to make what you think is right come true in this country? Or are you on the bandwagon like most people of "It's Presidential Elections this year NOW I have to vote?" I think this is a lesson to all of us to be active and engaged in our own communities before we can attack one party or another. I get it, voice your opinion and let people know every once in a while is fine.  Make a statement, tell people how you feel, what you think is right, but seriously the more you shove nonsense into my face the more I won't read what you are talking about.   Politics will always be tit or tat so as a citizen be open, educated, and get out an VOTE!

That is all!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment