Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Beginnings

I am closings doors, ending an era, and starting a new chapter... to every end there is a new beginning.  A lot has changed in a few short weeks, it has been somewhat overwhelming.  So here is the good, better, and BEST

THE GOOD

Last month I was able to go to Las Vegas with the Crocketts.  How this happened... well Mike is my dentist and Kristie has been doing my hair since I moved to AZ.  I have watch their kids since they were born so over the years we have become close. Mike had a dental convention there in Vegas so Kristie and the kids Hadley and Cohen wanted to go with because they would be flying to Utah for a big family vacation after that.  Mike and Kristie asked me if I was willing to go to help with the kids, and who would say no to that?  So we flew to Vegas and stayed at the Wynn for 3 nights and 2 days.  I even got my own room. During those days I just hung out with Kristie and the kids, we went swimming, shopping, sight seeing and all the things you could do with two 3-year-olds on the strip.  I seriously had a blast but the looks Kristie and I got for having kids with us were CLASSIC!  I honestly love the Crockett's! They have a special place in my heart and have truly become family.  Hadley and Cohen are the cutest kids ever and really adore them and don't mind giving up a few Friday nights to hang out with them.  Kristie and Mike are great examples to me, they love each other, have a great relationship and active members of the church.  I look up to them probably more then they know.

Here are a few pics
My king size bed.
My favorite twins!
The Garden.






Hadley told me the fishy are swimming

View from my room.


THE BETTER

I had the opportunity to go from Vegas to Utah for a few days.  I just love my home state! Utah summers are unbeatable and so thankful I got to spend a few days up there.  I flew in Saturday morning and Kasey picked me up.  That night I went to the Salt Lake Real game, it was my first Major League Soccer game.  The crowd is something else there.  I had such a blast despite the fact that I don't know anything about soccer. 

Sunday and Monday I got to spend time with a lot of my family and more quality time with Kasey. I love being able to see my family and close friends, it is always hard when I go to Utah because there are so many people I want to see and never enough time (especially when I don't have a car). 

 Kasey and I got to hang out the most we have since she moved in January.   I have missed her so much. We got our 44oz drinks, danced in the car, made her eat candy with me, we shared the same bed, cried, and of course LAUGHED a ton. She has been an amazing friend and example to me.  We have been through so much together and so thankful to have her in my life.


The highlight was that a bunch of my family and close friends went out to dinner to one of our families favorite places called La Frontera.  We have been eating there since I can remember.  It has always been our "go to" place.  My family has always ordered their smothered burritos but for me I keep it simple and always have... Bean and cheese burrito with rice and beans on the side.  I have never ordered anything else! Call me weird but I love it.



THE BEST

A few things happened while I was away... 2 of my close co-workers had closed their chapters here at work.  It caught me off guard.  I have grown to care about the women that I work with so dearly it made me really sad but know it was bound to happen eventually, just not this soon.

This past year for me has been pretty hard to be honest... the question has been "What's next".  That question hung over my head heavily this year.  I was done with school and now working but really what was next for me.  Many ideas were going through my head. I NEEDED a new job, I didn't like what I was doing and it was just that a job not a career.  So the questions were... Do I move out of state? Do I go back to school? Do I serve a mission? Do I start my own business? I have worked really hard this past year to get myself where I need to be spiritually, mentally, and physically so I can make the right decisions for myself.  I have always felt like I have been a bad decision maker, but really just stubborn and prideful because how do you know what is right? How will I ever know what my next move is?  I had a hard time trusting myself is what it came down to.  So, I have been reading the book "Hearing the Voice of the Lord" by Gerald Lund and it has helped me so much lately.  It talks all about personal revelation and how it fits into our everyday life.  It has amazed me reading stories and relating to them and how much the Lord is a part of my daily life and how sometimes we are just so slow to realize it.  As I have really been praying and thinking about the lingering questions, I feel like I have received my answer this last week in the best possible way. 

I am so excited to start MY CAREER with AZ Foothills Mag.   



It has been quite the process getting to this point, but so thankful for it.  I really had to find joy in the journey. A scripture that has really been in the forefront of my mind during this time has been 
Doctrine and Covenants 111:11 "Therefore, be ye as wise as serpents and yet without sin; and I will order all things for your good, as fast as ye are able to receive them. Amen.  

I know this job will not be easy, I may lack a social life or make more sacrifices then I know already but I am ready to pour my heart and soul into it.  I am so excited to have this opportunity and really feel overwhelming blessed.  I will be keeping you all posted on my adventures.  The first event is well TONIGHT so wish me luck!

XOXO










 

No comments:

Post a Comment